FUNctional therapy provides educational and therapy services to enable children to succeed and flourish through functional and meaningful activities. We enable growth, development and learning through fun and functional ways.
FUNctional Therapy is based out of Pembroke Ontario and currently provides Occupational Therapy and educational services to Renfrew County. Services are provided in-home, or otherwise arranged by the Therapist and family.
Please contact FUNctional Therapy for further inquiries or to book an appointment.
Taunia Clouthier MSc OT Reg. (ON) – Owner
Taunia Clouthier is the founder of FUNctional therapy. She graduated with her Masters in Occupational Therapy from Queens University in 2009 and has since been a member of good standing with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario.
Taunia brings 9 years of experience, all of which has been working with the School Health Support OT Services in Renfrew County, where she assumes a consultative role in supporting children, parents and staff within the school environment. The skills and knowledge that she has gained over the years has inspired her to create a company in which she can further share her knowledge and passions through direct services and workshops. She is creating professional development opportunities for educators and workshops for parents to help them better understand how to assist their children in becoming successful students. She is very passionate about providing education and believes it is one of the keys to successful growth and development in children.
Taunia grew up in Sault Ste. Marie and moved to Renfrew County in 2009 where she has established roots in both her professional and personal life. She married in 2013 and has 2 wonderful, energetic young boys. Being both a parent and a pediatric healthcare professional has added a further dimension of empathy, understanding and value to her practice.
Master of Science in Occupational Therapy – Queen’s University (2009)
Honours Bachelor of Science Kinesiology – University of Western Ontario (2007)
– The Sensory Solution- 2019
– The Picky Eating Course – Melanie Potuck 2017
– Standing, Crawling & Walking/Locomotion: What’s the Scoop? What are the Best Practices? – Ottobock 2016
– Pediatrics: Seating and Mobility Considerations for the 0-16 population –Ottobock 2016
– Assistive Technology Industry Association (ATIA) Webinar Series – 2013
– Therapeutic Listening: Listening with the Whole Body – Vital Links 2012
– Handwriting Assessment Workshop: The Print Tool – Handwriting without Tears 2012
– Astronaut Training :A Sound Activated Vestibular-Visual Protocol –Vital Links 2012
– Sensory Processing Disorder: Recent Findings by Lucy Jane Miller – Choose to Learn- 2011
– Technology and Writing Workshop – Ottawa Children’s Treatment Centre 2011
– K-5 Handwriting Workshop – Handwriting without Tears 2010
– Pre-K Readiness and Writing Workshop – Handwriting without Tears 2010
Taunia is an Individual Authorizer for written communication aids with the Assistive Devices Program (ADP) through the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.